Thursday, January 4, 2018
For the last 20 years, I have been a lot of things to a lot of people. Wife, mother, friend, student, volunteer.......busy, busy. A lot of the time I have forgotten about me, my needs and my sense of self has fallen by the wayside. I tended to be so busy worrying about everyone else and making sure they were ok, that in the end I WASN'T.
2012 saw me in need of some professional help, so I took myself off to see an amazing psychologist. Well, she told me some things about myself that I didn't want to hear, stripped me of the guilts I have been carrying, and laid my soul bare in her office.
Time to start again.......
So I have........
You know the quote 'you only live once', everyone has heard that right? Well I read something recently that put the lot on its ear for me.
'You only live once..............not true. You only die once, but you get to live everyday'.
Aha moment for me! This had rattled around in my head for a week or two and I have decided that it's time to start afresh and get back to the things that are important to me. Things like......
- being more present in my loved ones lives, really listening instead of glazing over
- sustainable living.....I want that
- buying a drop dead sexy outfit that isn't from the op-shop
- finding my inner child again....haven't seen HER for years
- finding joy in the littlest of things
- returning to my faith......thank goodness God gets me
- board games with my family...love em, but when time is short it doesn't happen
- making the men in my life turn off the stinking tv....enough already!
- having a proper foot massage and facial...heck, full body massage and the works, thanks
- playing in a sprinkler
- spending more time with my husband.....just the two of us
- having the courage to make new friends in my new town
- craft more often...and I don't mean mending
- picking up my camera again just because I love it so much, not because I'm great at photography
- learn proper barista skills and get the bit of paper that says I'm awesome
So, the list goes on and on. I want to make one conscious decision a day to do something for myself, something, I WANT to do. I want to be more present in my own life..........REALLY live it, because you only die once, but get to live every day. What have you done for yourself today?
Saturday, February 4, 2012
I have been doing a little craft.....I know *gasp* she does more than write........LOL.
Dates – 16/01/12 – 14/02/12
Theme – Valentines and Pink
Rules – You must incorporate the colour pink into either of the following valentines
2. Scrap page
3. Off the page
You can use other colours, you are not restricted to just pink.
You may email your creations and you will see them posted to http://www.craftypaperbitches.blogspot.com.au/
In the mean time, here is my offering.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Monday, November 1, 2010
HI all. I haven't blogged lately. I wasn't sure where to start, but here goes.
WITH LOVE FROM ME TO YOU
MY THANKS TO YOU ALL FROM MY HEART
MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY LIKE NO OTHER
MY LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE FRIENDS
MY SIBLINGS PLUS ALL OTHERS WHO HAVE TOUCHED MY LIFE'S’ JOURNEY IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.
AS I SIFT THROUGH LEAVES OF MY MEMORIES,
ALL YELLOWED AND SCATTERED AROUND,
THESE DAYS, THERE’S SO LITTLE OF YESTERDAY,
FURTHER BACK IS WHERE MEMORIES ARE FOUND.
WE CANNOT PLAN OUR LENGTH OF LIFE,
BUT FAMILY CAN BE SURE,
THAT WE LOVED THEM ALL SO DEARLY,
AND THEIR LOVE FOR US MEANS MORE.
Clara Allen April 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010