Thursday, April 2, 2009

It didn't start well




Have you ever had a week that didn't start well, but came screaming home in a blaze of glory? This was one of those weeks for me. Things were going down that slippery slope to despair Monday & Tuesday, and thenon Wednesday....................I checked my email. I had won a set of Stampin' Up! Stamps. Thanks Lisa. Check out Lisa's blog here. http://stampwithlisa.blogspot.com/


She's one talented lady and has 4 little boys to boot. Dunno where she gets the time, but she's amazing.


Checked my email the next day. I had won a stamp set from Wicked Princesses. Thanks so much girls. Check out the link here http://stampwithlisa.blogspot.com/ and the blinkie on the side of this page may have got your attention. Get in there and check out the 7 deadly sins challenge. What have YOU got to confess.


The phone rang and it was my sister. Jen, it was so great to hear your voice and I so desperately needed to hear it that day. You are a treasure and I love you very much.


Went to get the mail yesterday as the postie was trying to get off her bike and I thought I would meet her half way. It was a packinge from my mad SIL. There were some little treasures and a couple of patterns and some of the cutest "Wine Slippers" you ever did see. She is a do-er this one and can turn her hand to any craft. Haven't managed to get her into paper yet though. Thankyou Sue, I was so grateful for your thoughtfulness and your creativity.


THEN. I went to get the mail again today as this time the postie was trying to jam a package into my newspaper thing on the mailbox ( that was already full of junk mail ), and there was a parcel from my lunatic friend Marnie. In this parcel was a roll on deodorant and a pair of socks. I read the card, and I couldn't stop laughing for a full 15 minutes. She had this parcel for me when I was bemoaning the cyclone situation soon after we moved here. The deodorant is for when the sweat was really running and the socks were for when I couldn't get anything dry. She said she doesn't want me to get foot rot! What a crack up! The funny thing is, I ran out of deodorant today and the kids have flogged all my socks. Thankyou for your humour Marn and your heart is huge. I miss you lots. Check out Marnies blog here http://www.marniesalterego.blogspot.com/ because she is as talented as she is funny.


So, as you can see this week has gone from being rather Ho Hum crappy to Oh Yum Happy!!! I am so grateful for my family and friends, as life would be so hollow without them.


Just sharing a couple of layouts I did for the Bootcamp Challenge. I found this weeks sketch really hard to get and I'm still not happy with the results. Anyhoo, here they are. Get over here and join us if you haven't already.http://bootcampourway.blogspot.com/ It's a great chance to use up your stash.........................................to buy more!


have a great weekend. Stay Beautiful


K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment